The prodigal son has arrived

Very slow week because of Spring Break. Everyone is out of town but we stayed busy with service. Anyways, I got my son, Elder Arana. He's from Virginia but his parents are from Guatemala (I finally have a companion that speaks Spanish). He's a good kid and already a great missionary. I think we'll work well together! We got to give talks his first Sunday here and he did great. We got lots of compliments and people already love him.


The talk I gave was about missionary and member missionary work. The biggest thing we can do as members is to pray for missionary opportunities. D&C 18 says that we have His gospel and His rock and His salvation. He has given us this gospel to bless us and we should be eager to share it with others so that they can receive the same happiness and blessings we receive. I could go on and on about this like I did on Sunday but I'll spare you this time haha.

If there's any questions you have for me, please send me an email, I love to hear from my friends!

Love 
Elder Garrick


Picking up my son and family pic with my dad (my trainer)


Smullin saying bye to the hermanas 

Did some service w some goats haha they're hilarious


Street tacos

Some drawing I found on a chalkboard in a chapel


Excerpt from my new trainee's weekly email to home

"So we drove to Provo and we met up with all the other missionaries. When they were assigning new missionaries to their trainers, I was lowkey kinda nervous. But when I met my trainer, all that anxiety went away. My trainer Elder Garrick, man  there are no words to describe him. He's super chill and I am learning a ton from him. I couldn't have asked for a better trainer. I can literally say with full confidence that serving the people of Midway will be a blast with him."


Comments

Popular Posts